Confused? Curious? Want to Help?
Racial Justice Allies
Monday Dialog February 3 at 6:30 pm
Unitarian Universalist Hall,
547 Mendocino Ave., Santa Rosa
As the murder of Andy Lopez galvanizes the community into action, differing ideas about what happened and what should be done are circulating. Many believe this is a watershed moment for social justice in Sonoma County with national implications. Join an anti-racist dialog to explore questions such as
- What are the long-term ramifications of Justice for Andy Lopez beyond the indictment?
- What are the short-term goals?
- What are the societal impacts of the indictment?
- Is the killing an aberration? Is Gelhouse a “bad apple”?
- If he is, do we need to reseed the police?
- What is the function of the police under white supremacy?
Our mission is to create a space where white people explore and take responsibility for racism and white privilege, develop anti-racist identities and practices, and work as allies for racial justice.