Racial Justice Allies facilitate dialogs with community in Sonoma County. Below is an archive of past events hosted by RJA. Do you have an event topic idea, or a request for information about a past event? Contact us here.
For info on upcoming events, go to our Facebook Events page.
- January – Understanding Whiteness
- February –
- March –
- February: What is The Islamic State? (ISIS. IS. ISEL. Daesh. What do we really know about it?)
- Mar: Once Upon a Time: Telling Kids the Story of Race
- May: Co-Sponsor with Petaluma Mother’s Club and The Luma Center “How
to Talk to Kids bout Race?” led by Micia Mosely
- June: “White Fragility”
- July: “White Silence”
- September: Discussion of “A Vision for Black Lives: Policy Demands for Black
Power, Freedom & Justice”
- November: Exposing the Underbelly of Ugly: Post Election Reaction and
Action from an Anti-Racist Perspective
- January: Sins Invalid Workshop w/ Nomy Lamm
- February: Participate in two panel discussions at Rialto for Film
- March: 25 Black Lives Matter #1
- April: RJA co-sponsor Palestine activist Iyad Burnat
- April: Black Lives Matter #2
- July 1 Black Lives Matter #3 Arlene Francis Center
- August: Black Lives Matter #4 Arlene Francis Center
- October: Daily Practice to Abolish White Supremacy
- December: Talking Turkey about Race
- Feb. Andy Lopez
- March: Steve Martinot
- May: Hoodwinked
- July: Hoodwinked Part 2
- September: What does it mean to be in solidarity with non-white communities fighting against police terror?
- Jan. ?
- March: Road to Apartheid
- April: Harvest of Empire
- July: Mumia
- September: Life and Debt
- November: Not Just a Game
- January: Passivity or takeover? Navigating white leadership in multi-racial groups.
- February: Islamaphobia, Arab Spring, War on Terror: looking through the lens of whiteness.
- March: What role can white folks take in local immigrants rights struggles? How are whiteness and immigration entwined?
- April: Day long whiteness workshop with Occupy
- May: Domestic Workers
- June: Overt and Systemic Racism in Sonoma County Schools
- July: Dismantling White Supremecy
- August: Environmental Justice
- September: Islamaphobia
- October: The New Jim Crow
- November: Intersecting Oppressions
- November: Cracking the Codes
- February – Understanding White Supremacy (4 Lenses)
- March– Colorblind Racism
- April– Institutional Racism: the racism of everyday life
- May– The Cost of White Privilege
- June– White Guilt
- July– What does it mean to be an ally?
- Aug– Evaluation of Dialogues
- October – Columbus Day Revisited
- November – But I’m poor (queer, Jewish, . . .), not privileged! how privilege and oppression interact
- December – Can working for racial justice create economic justice? the relationship of socioeconomic class, race and gender.
- Started in February, ongoing once per month.
- October: Whiteness Workshop with Laurie Lippin and Stephanie Puentes